Thursday, March 12, 2015

Mommy Hospital Makeup Bag

Hey, Beautiful Blogosphere!

I wanted to do a quick post for you all about what I am taking to the hospital this time around in regards to makeup. Let's be honest: childbirth isn't the most glamorous thing you will ever do. But take my word for it- it is WITHOUT A DOUBT, ABSOLUTELY ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL! No matter what your tired, bloated, red-faced condition, you are bringing forth life, and there will be few moments if any in life that you are in a more genuinely beautiful condition. Glamorous- no...beautiful-yes.

Still, a little bit of makeup never hurt anyone. (Particularly when there are pictures involved.) While you will more than likely be in a state of overwhelming, exhausted, incredible bliss at the site of your baby, you will be moments away from friends and family snapping pics of you and your little one. I made sure my first time around to wear waterproof mascara during delivery because my blond eyelashes are basically nonexistent without something on them, and I put on a touch of concealer before the family came into the room. I brought along a makeup kit last time, too, for the days after delivery in the hospital with visitors (and their cameras), and ended up using only a few basic essentials. Quite frankly, while you want to look presentable in person and decent in pictures, it isn't the first thing on your mind because...you know...you are bonding with a little human who relies on you completely for everything. So, you are a little preoccupied.

This time around, I am bringing a small bag with just those necessities that I found myself reaching for in the days after delivery. These are items that are quick and easy to apply, look very natural, and helped me feel pulled together during my hospital stay. Here is my makeup survival kit for my hospital stay round 2.


I am using one of my Ipsy bags (awesome $10 to spend each month) because it is small and compact. Last time, I brought a BB Cream by Garnier that I loved for my face. I don't want a full on foundation routine in the hospital, so I find that a lighter, moisturizing alternative is easier. I am a little pale for that product now, so I have a tinted moisturizer by Sonia Kashuk (pick it up at Target). This one feels great, evens out my skintone, and gives a refreshing dose of moisture to the skin. It is a light to medium coverage, but it will help things settle out well. To cover the undereye area that will inevitably start looking dark from lack of sleep within the first 24 hours, I am bringing elf's maximum coverage concealer. This stuff has great coverage, a blendable consistency, and a little bit goes a long way. I may even use this to spot cover if needed. For a natural eye look, I have the NYX eye pallette in natural, BareMinerals Flawless Definition mascara, and a Sonia Kashuk brow pencil in taupe. For lips, I will use an elf lip balm tint in grapefruit, and I will also use this as a blush if needed. I will have a couple of elf brushes in the bag to apply shadow with, but otherwise, most items will be finger application.

Overall, the look I achieve will be simple and natural, and that is just what I want. I am not one to feel the need to look like Miss America post-birth. (Not that there is anything wrong with that...you do whatever makes you feel best.) Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Have a wonderful day, and I hope to hear from some of you soon!

In Christ Alone,
Brittney

0 comments:

Post a Comment