Sunday, March 15, 2015

Labor and Delivery Nurses' Gifts

Hey, friends!

I hope that you all are doing well. We are steady plugging away at trying to prepare for the impending arrival of Baby M #2. Things are so busy between work and church and other obligations that it sort of feels like I am moving through mud trying to get things done, but they are no less getting there. One way I have tried to keep my sanity during this phase is by completing the to-dos on my checklist that I can get done entirely on my own. My hospital bag is packed (post to come soon), and I have finished my nurses' gifts for my upcoming hospital visit. 

If you followed my last set of blog posts during my pregnancy, you got to see my nurses' gifts I made for my nurses during my last labor and delivery hospital stay. Having nurses as very close friends and family, I am all too aware of the long hours, hard work, and sometimes personal sacrifices that their job requires, and it brings me such joy to be able to express to them a small token of my gratitude for the care they give to me and my family during these exciting times in our lives. These gifts are nothing extravaggant, but they are heartfelt and (hopefully) useful. I tweaked the gift slightly this time, keeping some of my favorite bits from the first go round, and made a few extra from last time to ensure I don't leave any nurse out. (I had no idea my first go round just how many wonderful nurses would be taking care of me and my family.) Below is a picture of the items I used to create my gifts.


The vessel I chose to use this time was a cold drink tumbler. I was able to buy these in bulk from Amazon, so each tumbler was around $3. Because I had the drink tumbler, I also went ahead and got some mix in water flavors to include in each gift. There is a mix of teas and lemonades for each cup. I also threw in some dark chocolate, some mints, a pack of tissues, a couple of hair ties (I figure even if I have a nurse whose hair doesn't require this, he or she probably knows of a nurse who could use one.), a click pen (my nurse sister says nurses can always use more of these), and a Burt's Bees lip balm. I ordered all of these items from start to finish from Amazon in bulk, so each gift ended up costing me around $6 to make. Here is a picture of what the gift looked like all put together:


Everything fit perfectly into the cup, and the box the cups were shipped in is a perfect vessel to move these items to the hospital when the time comes. Each cup is accompanied by a handwritten thank you note that simply expresses my gratitude for the nurses' service and lets them know that our family is thinking of and praying for them.

It always makes my heart happy to hope that these small tokens of my appreciation for someone will truly brighten their day and make them feel special. I certainly hope that all of the wonderful nurses at our hospital will feel that way. I also plan to have a couple of dozen mixed donuts delivered to the nurses' station at our hospital after our arrival. However, if Baby #2 chooses to make a planned entrance instead of a surprise one, I may make a batch of homemade cookies to take with us. This is one of those things that I can't really plan ahead for because it isn't up to me. :) Be on the lookout for my post on my hospital bag for Baby #2, and you can check out my post about my hospital makeup essentials on my blog, too. Let me know if you have any thoughts, questions, or ideas for great nurses' gifts to add!

In Christ Alone,
Brittney

0 comments:

Post a Comment