Sunday, September 15, 2013

Quick Bread Perfection: Sour Cream Mini-Muffins

In light of my gestational diabetes, I decided to share one of my favorite recipes for one of my most missed and beloved food groups: BREAD! As a true Southern girl, there are few foods I find more comforting than warm, fresh-baked biscuits. However, I don't always have time to make biscuits from scratch. In steps these amazing little clouds of biscuity Heaven!

This is a simple recipe that was shared with me by a lovely lady from our church family after a dinner on the grounds. She made these amazingly scrumptious, tender, buttery, biscuit like pillows of deliciousness, and I couldn't get enough! The recipe is simple and quick with only three ingredients: baking mix, sour cream, and butter. Combine together and bake in the oven at 375 degrees Farenheit for 8-10 minutes, and you get a bread that is perfect for anything. 


Serve at a shower or party with butter, clotted cream, and preserves. Serve with breakfast in place of traditional biscuits or with dinner in place of rolls. Add in a few other flavors to mix it up: dip in melted butter and roll in cinnamon sugar for a sweet spin or add some shredded cheddar cheese and garlic powder for a savory version. They keep great in an airtight container or bag and are a great, quick snack! It is one of my favorites, and I hope it will become one of yours, too!

You can find my Snapguide with step-by-step photo instructions at the link below. Make some of these awesome treats this week; you won't regret it, and your family will thank you profusely as they ask for seconds!

Check out How to Make Sour Cream Mini Muffins by Brittney Muller on Snapguide.

Y'all Come Back Now, Ya Hear?
Brittney

0 comments:

Post a Comment