Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Quick Crockpot Beef Roast

Quick Crockpot Beef Roast

So, I haven't been able to post a recipe in awhile, but who can blame me when I have been spending every possible free moment I can with this little guy???


I mean...seriously...does any baby ever get any cuter?!?! (Shout out to TJMohr Photography for the amazing 3 month photos!)

At any rate, I wanted to share a quick, easy recipe I was handed by a librarian at one of the schools where I work. It is a cinch to put together, cooks all day in the Crockpot, and has an AMAZING flavor! Normally, when I do a Crockpot roast I use the three packet method that floats around all of the time on Pinterest (one pack of ranch dressing mix, one pack Italian dressing mix, and one pack of brown gravy mix with 1/2 cup water), but this one sounded intriguing and magically delicious. What is this magic you may ask? Here is the recipe she shared with me:

1 beef roast (about 2 lbs)
1 packet of French onion soup mix
2 cans cream of mushroom soup

Place roast in Crockpot. Stir together the soups and soup mix.  Pour over roast. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is fall apart tender. 

That's it! Seriously...so easy and versatile! Serve over rice, with mashed potatoes (as we did), or make roast beef poboys! This was truly one of the quickest home cooked meals ever, and the leftovers kept and reheated beautifully. I had to tweak the recipe slightly as I didn't have cream of mushroom soup on hand, so our gravy consisted of a can of cream of onion and a can of cream of chicken. I don't think you can go wrong...it was just good! 

I hope you enjoy and come back and visit the site soon. Leave comments and let me know how yours turns out.

In Christ Alone,
Brittney

0 comments:

Post a Comment