Monday, April 7, 2014

Letters to Eli #4

Hey, my beautiful big bald-headed baby boy!

I love you. I love you so much. I love you when you flap your arms and smile so big when you see me come home from work. I love when you are scared of something and make the cutest, sweetest, most pitiful frowny face I have ever seen. I love you when you are having baby angst and can't seem to stop fussing. I love it when you get sleepy and rub your sweet little eyes. And I still love the time at night when I get to take you to your room and we sit down in your rocking chair...Daddy reads you a bedtime story and Mommy nurses you to sleep. I am so grateful that you don't fight bedtime! You still wake up once in the night, usually between 3:30 and 4:30 a.m. to eat, but you always go right back down to sleep again. 

What's new with you...gosh, what isn't. You have peach fuzz hair growing all over your sweet little head. You can roll over back to front and front to back now with ease. You can pick up your whole upper half during tummy time now, and your bathtub sling has been removed for in tub bathing now. You love to blow raspberries with your little mouth, and you love to play in the jumperoo at church. You decided on your five month birthday, about a week ago, that you were ready to sit up on your own. You still wobble over when you make big reaches, but for a five month old baby, you are quite impressive. You have foud your feet and they, along with anything else you can grab, manage to find their way to your mouth often. You like to drink water out of cups and water bottles, and you have started to have a bit of rice cereal before bedtime. You LOVE it! You also like to watch Sesame Street and other cartoons on PBS. Your eyes have changed now to Daddy's color, and I love that.

I am still working, and some days are definitely harder than others. I think that as you get bigger and do more it is harder for me to go because I feel like I miss so much. You learn so fast, and I feel like every day you do something new. On Saturdays, after your first morning feeding (around 8:30 a.m.), I bring you into our bed for Saturday morning snuggle time. I look forward to it all week. I think about you all day every day, and I love coming home to you in the afternoons. I feel like the most blessed mommy in the world to have you as a son, and I can't wait to see what you do next! I love you so much, my sweet baby boy, and I pray for you...always.

Love you,
Mommy


0 comments:

Post a Comment