Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cowboy Caviar Kind of Night

Tonight is our weekly dinner and Bible study with our small group from church. We are working our way through David Platt's video and workbook series entitled Follow Me. (There will be a separate post on that later.) This post is going to focus on the former part of my night: dinner. Prince Charming and I always host the study at our house, and the first couple of weeks, we took care of providing all of the food for our meals. It has evolved, however, into a potluck of sorts. Tonight, another couple will be bringing a main course of enchiladas. In response, I will be making one of my favorite recipes that I stumbled upon through one of my favorite sites, Pinterest. The recipe came from the Just A Pinch blog, and the link to the original site is below. It is always a crowd pleaser, and it has great Tex-Mex flavors to compliment our main course tonight. I hope you will try it soon, but beware...it is completely ADDICTIVE!! Happy eating! :)

Just a Pinch Cowboy Caviar Recipe

2 cans Mexicorn

1 can hot Rotel (this isn't overpowering with the sour cream and mayo)

2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

6 green onions, chopped

1 cup of mayonnaise

1 cup of sour cream

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and chill for at least 30 minutes. Serve with Fritos. Couldn't be easier!

0 comments:

Post a Comment