Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Pregnancy Ponderings...

In college, I majored in English, and I had a professor who had one very hated word in the English language: pregnant. It's not that she hated being pregnant or pregnant people; she just thought the word wasn't good enough to be suited for such an amazing journey. That has never left me, and I find myself thinking of it each time I have the joy of telling someone, "I'm pregnant!"

I am currently experiencing my first pregnancy, and I am overwhelmed with all sorts of feelings. I find myself feeling elated excitement, fear of the changes happening because of the pregnancy, both in my body and life, and swirling confusion about all of the things I need to get done. There are the responsibilities of decking out a nursery, narrowing down the list of names, deciding the whens, wheres, and whats of our delivery plan...who knew something so tiny could require so much thought and planning before it was even here?

I am, for better or for worse, taking the route of not reading tons of books and articles about pregnancy. I know that different books, articles, and even people have different opinions, ideas, and things to say; and I am really hoping to have a fairly untainted pregnancy experience. I am, however, utilizing the resources that I find most valuable: all of the moms I know, whether recently made or with years of experience, when I have questions or needs. I also crawl through the blogosphere every now and then to read what blogging-moms have to say about pregnancy necessities, dos and don'ts, and how to deal with x, y, and z. I am finding this, plus questions for my doctor whenever I visit, to be sufficient at this stage (I am currently 16 weeks along) to assuage my wonderings.

On this blog, I plan to share my thoughts, fears, and a-ha moments (or maybe AHHH moments), the design and development of my nursery, and the resources I use to build and create my baby's little world. I hope that anyone else who is going through a first pregnancy, a next pregnancy, or who is curious about pregnancy in general, will find a place here to see that they aren't alone in the things they wonder, feel, fear, and/or need. It is an amazing adventure, and I cannot wait to put down all of the things that occupy my mind here!

Y'all Come Back Now, Ya Hear?
Brittney

0 comments:

Post a Comment